Tuesday 28 September 2010

TARGET AUDIENCE RESEARCH

The internet is a wonderful thing. With the help of twitter and facebook I can research into who listens to Gabrielle Aplin, who is interested in a music video, their age and where they're from. This will then give me the ages that we need to aim this video towards.

She has over 15,000 subscribers on youtube, and is currently on high demand as she is becoming so popular in different places around the World. She is the 79th most subscribed - All Time - musician in the United Kingdom. She is the 76th most viewed - This Week - musician in the united kingdom. She is also the 97th most viewed - This Month - musician in the united kingdom. This shows how popular she actually is around the UK. She is also in high demand all across the world, which makes the research just a little bit harder as I can't actually talk to everybody from different places and see if their views are different or the same to those in the UK. The majority of fans that I have met have been female, and about our age (17), but she does have a few male fans too and we'll have to keep that in mind.

I posted on twitter a tweet about whether people were fans of Gabby, for them to post their age if they were so far, I've got:

I am! And I'm fifteen! She's amazing by the way! :)
The girl above, is from Singapore. The fact she is from almost the other side of the world, just shows how varied and wide her fanbase is.

15, singapore, f.
20, austrailia, f.
15, indonesia, f.
18, paris, f.
18, california, m.
15, bath, f.
26, denmark, m.
29, london, m.


I've also posted the same thing on facebook as I can get to a different group of people on there that way. I have recieved:

13, bristol, f.
16, birmingham, f.
17, northants, f.
17, bristol, f.
14, saudi arabia, f.
17, manchester, f.
18, london, m.
21, essex, m.

No comments:

Post a Comment